Next week is Pat's b-day but we have a big thing at school on his b-day and it'll just be a super crazy day (without having to plan his special day).
So we decided to move up the event and surprise him TODAY with a little, very intimate and super special early b-day celebration.
The Ls and I went out today and got him his DREAM present, raced back home and set up the surprise party.
The Ls were SO EXCITED and worked VERY, VERY, EXTRA hard on setting everything up.
Lulu wore her new "fluffy dress" and, believe it or not, L actually dressed up in a dress.
I couldn't believe me eyes when I saw her.
It's been at least a year since she last wore something girly.
When Pat came home the Ls met him outside and made him wait until I could light ALL THE MANY candles (34 - BABY!!!!).
He had to keep his eyes closed and the Ls walked him to his seat.
SURPRISE!!!!!
We totally got him! ... or he can pretend VERY well :)
We sang THE song and ...
... then the Ls helped him blow out the candles.
And then he got to open THE present.
I think he looks surprised and happy :)
For years I have vowed to NEVER have a gaming "thingy" at home.
I am not into video games AT ALL!
I think the kids (big or small) should play outside or color or do something better than play some computer game BUT ....
I am THE ONLY ONLY who feels like this in our house.
Everybody else LOVES games, especially video games.
So after Pat has spoiled me for 10 years, giving me everything and more than I wanted/needed I thought it was about time I spend his money on something HE likes :)
The Ls chose two games to start with.
And then they were off to their first dance off and lightsaber duels in the living room.
I hung with his "old friend" of mine while they were exboxing like crazy :)
... and then the clothes came off and it was time to ROCK THIS CITY.
They are only stopping for drinks and sugar ...
And this is how we treat people who spend all year catering to all of our needs and wishes and NEVER saying NO to anything.
Working until 2:00 am while we are "out of town" (post will come ASAP) or if we are in town, he stops to come home for supper, brings the Ls to bed, tucks me in and then goes off again to his Semiconductor salve-mill.
Happy EARLY b-day Papa!
We hope you'll have tons of fun with your new toy (please don't check the bank account statement right now ... no particular reason though :)
WE LOVE YOU!
Your CZ girls
No comments:
Post a Comment