In between soccer games and team pictures we squeezed a "little" something ...
... into the 4Runner.
Ta-Ta
"Yeah Lulu; we got it!!! Awesome!!! This is exactly what I wanted ... I mean what you wanted for your birthday!!!"
Issie's b-day is coming up in a few weeks and we finally (after searching for over a month on Craigslist scored a Redwood Play Structure for her and the big L too na-course).
Lulu wanted a play house but we figured she'd outgrow it in a few months and then we'd have another big and useless item in our yard. So we decided to get an even bigger useless item for the yard instead ;)
Pat drove 1 hour on Saturday afternoon to pick it up.
The guy wasn't kidding, it all fit into the 4Runner, which now has a broken windshield, a scratched dashboard and sideboard and more things that I just haven't seen yet. But hey, we got a play structure for dirt cheap and just need a new car now ... totally worth the savings ;)
The Ls were hard workers and helped bring the parts back into the yard.
Now that I know how much they can carry, wait until laundry day ...
A fathers dream ... Handy Lillie!
Construction Part 1 - Getting Started
Please note my hilly-billy wash-line in the back. Yes, we are trying HARD to fit into the neighborhood :)
I should have hung up Pat's Superman undies before I took the pic ;)
Lillie and Pat were busy building,
Lulu was busy measuring "stuff"
while I enjoyed the nice view ...
More measuring ...
and more "fixing'n stuff"
Construction Part 2 - Getting there, second level is almost completed
That was it for Day 1.
We crawled into bed and after a good "Ihop" strengthening breakfast we went back to work on Day 2.
L and Pat were off to a photo shoot with their star soccer team, so Lulu and I "pinkefied" the half-ready structure and had a little P-A-R-T-Y of our own, if you know what I'm saying ...
Rocking out to some Disney Radio Station songs (I am sure the neighbors appreciated Justin Bieber screaming through my yard ... boy that kid sure make a lot of money with this beepsy voice of his???)
... totally saw that Lulu. NO Goldfish for the Dork, he gets the runs from it!!!
Construction Part 3 - The MONKEY Bars
Lulu surprised all of us when she made it ALL the way across on her first try.
We could not believe our eyes! That little monkey!!!
The Rock Climbing Wall!!! Gilligan aka Papa set up several climbing routs.
"LOVE" that hat ... so "cool" ;)
L had to test it right away!!!
Nicely done!!! Just like her Mama (in more nimble days ... nowadays I need a forklift to make it up there!)
... and the reward is an easy way down.
The bottom is quite versatile.
Version A) offers two benches and a pick-nick table
Version B) offers a blank wood floor or as Lulu calls it "her stage"
Version C) offers one bench and table, if you want a bit of "alone time" (like that exists in our house ...hahhahah)
And Version D) is a sandbox which would be where the table/stage is ... but we won't utilize this option.
Our cats would be in heaven with such a large littler box but then ... NO thank you!!!
Oh and this is the other new addition to the patio ... Judy, we have "created heat" and are ready for you :)
Happy "be-earlied" Birhtday Issie!!!
May this play structure bring you and your sister many, many fun hours of entertainment and keep you busy throughout this LONG summer
(is that what you call a totally self-serving gift? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment